গত কয়েকদিনে অনেকে ফেসবুক ও ব্লগে আইইউটি’র ভর্তি সম্পর্কে জানতে চেয়েছেন। আমি একটু ব্যস্ত থাকায় উত্তর দিতে পারিনি। আন্তরিকভাবে দুঃখিত আমি। আইইউটির ওয়েবসাইট থেকে admission এর কিছু তথ্য কপি করে তুলে দিচ্ছি। কোন জিজ্ঞাসা থাকলে মন্তব্যে জানাবেন। আমি উত্তর দেওয়ার চেষ্টা করব ইনশাল্লাহ।
(i) Engineering and Technology
The 4-Year B.Sc. (Engineering / Computer Science & Information Technology) programmes comprise eight consecutive semesters of sixteen weeks duration each, spread over four academic years. The total contact hours in classes, laboratories and workshops are 25-30 hours per week.
The Course curricula contain engineering / computer Science courses of high level and include components for hands–on-experience to produce graduates of international standard having relevance to the developing needs of the Member States. In addition, some basic courses in science, social science, humanities and mathematics are also included in the above Programmes.
Each provisionally selected candidate under the above Programmes must deposit US $ 6000 to IUT Account to facilitate issuing of the final letter offering admission. Payment may be made in the form of Demand Draft or by direct transfer to “FC ACCOUNT NO. 099724-030, AB BANK LIMITED, MOTIJHEEL BRANCH, DHAKA, BANGLADESH. SWIFT CODE: ABBLBDDH 004, Telex: 632362 ABBMJ BJ” favouring “Islamic University of Technology”. Final letter offering admission will not be issued unless the payment is credited to IUT Account.
In addition to the initial payment, each candidate selected under the self-financing scheme will have to deposit a sum of US $ 3500 at the beginning of each of the subsequent academic years till his graduation.
Any student failing and requiring more than 4 years for graduation will have to pay additional sum of money for additional year(s) as per rule as decided for each extra year.
- Applications are invited from Bangladeshi nationals for admission to 4-Year Bachelor’s Programmes in Engineering and Technology for the Academic Year 2011-2012.
- Candidates for the above Programme must have minimum GPA 4.5 in both S.S.C. and H.S.C. Examinations. Candidates who passed ‘O’–level and ‘A’-level Examinations must have scored minimum grade “B” in each subject (Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Candidates will have to apply through SMS of Tele-talk mobile system. Each candidate is required to pay non-refundable Application Fee of Tk. 500 through Tele-talk system. The last date to apply for admission is 15 September, 2011.
Detailed Information will be provided shortly
|Start date to apply||16 Aug 2011|
|Last date to apply||15 Sep 2011|
|Display grades of all applicants||18 Sep 2011|
|Verification of grades*||19-20 Sep 2011 (9 AM – 1 PM)|
|Publication of List of Candidates Eligible
for Admission Test
|20 Sep 2011|
|Admission Test||18 Oct 2011, Tuesday (venue: IUT Campus)
MCQ Based Test: Total Marks 100 (Math: 30, Physics: 30, Chemistry: 20, English:20)
25% marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Publication of Merit List for Admission||19 Oct 2011|
|Option for preference Departments, Option for Self Financing Scheme and Certificate/Mark Sheet verification||12-15 Nov 2011|
|Final Merit List||16 Nov 2011|
|1st list of selected candidates (Department wise)||19-23 Nov 2011|
|1st Call||19-23 Nov 2011|
|2nd list of Selected Candidates (Department wise)||26-30 Nov 2011|
|2nd Call||26-30 Nov 2011|
|3rd list of Selected Candidates (Department wise)||3-7 Dec 2011|
|3rd Call||3-7 Dec 2011|
|4th list of Selected Candidates (Department wise)||10-14 Dec 2011|
|4th Call||10-14 Dec 2011|
* If there is any complaint/update about grades displayed in the website, applicants need to contact Registrar Office, IUT with original mark sheets /documents on 17-18 Sep 2011.
Note1: If anyone fails to get admitted within the scheduled date his candidacy will be deleted from the list.
Note2: Any decision regarding Admission taken by the Admission Committee of IUT is the final.
- Candidates for the above Programme must have minimum GPA 4.5 in both S.S.C.(equivalent) and H.S.C.(equivalent) Examinations
- Candidates who passed ‘O’–level and ‘A’-level Examinations must have scored minimum grade “B” in each subject (Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Candidates must have passed H.S.C (equivalent) examination either in 2011 or 2010
- Candidates must be muslim male student.
- Students from Bangladeshi Boards: Candidates must apply through Teletalk SMS service from 16 August 2011.
- Students from O-Level and A-Level: Candidates must apply through website
|Marks (%)||O/A Level Grade||Equivalent SSC/HSC Grade|
a) Merit List for Admission Test: First 1500 candidates will be selected for Admission Test based on maks (X) obtained in HSC and SSC out of 100 marks calculated from Gross GPA as per following rule-
X=Gross GPA (GPA of all subjects) of HSC * 12 + Gross GPA (GPA of all subjects) of SSC * 8
b) Final Merit List: Final merit list will be prepared based on 200 marks of which 100 for Admission Test (Y) and 100 marks calculated from Gross GPA (X)
c) In case of tie: Following criteria will be followed to break the tie-
i. Y (marks obtained in written test)
ii. Gross. GPA of HSC
Then GP of HSC subjects:
Then GP of SSC subjects:
a) For O-Level and A-Level students:
- Grades to be converted to equivalent Bangladeshi grades.
- Then the same procedure will be applied as described above to be included in the merit list.